Lessons are conducted for ages 6 months to adult.
Our YMCA Swimming Lesson program caters for all abilities from the absolute beginner to the advanced.
The YMCA program curriculum teaches both learn to swim and water safety skills.
Classes are offered 7 days a week and operate every half hour. Morning classes operate Monday to Sunday and from 4pm Monday to Friday.
YMCA swimming lesson programs operate 48 weeks of the year. The continuous program is designed to support faster skill acquisition without the stop-start of term breaks.
48 program weeks: mid-January to mid-December
4 non-program weeks: 1 week at Easter
3 weeks over Christmas/New Year period
Lessons are not conducted on gazetted public holidays.
Fees and Features:
Swimming Lesson Membership Inclusions:
Each swimming lesson member receives:
- One swimming lesson per week (supervision requirements apply).
- Unlimited pool access to each of the Boroondara Leisure and Aquatic Facilities (supervision requirements apply);
- Ashburton Pool and Recreation Centre
- Boroondara Sports Complex
- Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre
- Kew Recreation Centre
- 10% merchandise discount
Swimming Lesson Membership Fees:
Fees are paid by fortnightly direct debit. No lock-in contracts. 14 days written notice required to cancel.
Fortnightly Direct Debit
Start-up fee $30 per child.
Not applicable if enrolled at a Boroondara Leisure and Aquatic Facility less than six months ago.
Fees effective 1 July 2019 – 30 June 2020
All centre fees and charges undergo an annual pricing review
The cost of 48 program weeks is divided evenly over 52 weeks (26 fortnightly direct debit payments).
$19.00 per week x 48 weeks / 26 fortnights = $35.10 per fortnight.
Debits therefore occur beyond the program dates.
The intent behind the 26 fortnightly debits per year is to minimise the cost impact to families by reducing the value of each debit.
Other Program Features:
- Each swimming lesson member is entitled to 4 make-up lessons per year.
- Parent-teacher feedback weeks are conducted 6 monthly.
- SwimDesk parent portal to allow you to track your child’s achievements as they progress through the swim program.